Aspirant to Higher Learning: I Lead, Care and Inspire...
..........

Monday, July 23, 2007

lost

Well i do suppose one will get to know one's own area, or playground pretty well.

Well today i got lost at Serangoon Gardens. Pretty smart huh. I boarded the wrong bus. Thought i saw 73 with "Ang Mo Kio" written on it. Boarded it and realised it's actually heading to "Toa Payoh". Got off halfway, and started to walk.

Wasn't a bad walk at that though. Cool night, smell of rain in the air, and long straight roads with tree-lined avenues. Almost pretty, if not for tangles of fallen leaves and branches. Roads along Gardens, with the private houses and dark tree-lined avenues, all hold special significance to me. Long walks clear my brain; viewing scenery feeds an incessant stream of information to my brain, be it good or bad. Relaxation comes when the brain stops thinking, the sights keep on flowing and then perhaps, I'll feel better. A multitude of people walked those paths with me, friends, family, special people, but nowadays i walk alone.

While walking alone, I recalled some words, "To get past something fast, you need to go right through it". How true eh? Especially for us and with school starting.

Modify the saying abit, and it goes "To get home fast, you need to take the bus". And I did just that. And true to the randomness apparent in my life, the cool ephemeral mood caused by the walk was subverted. By a lump of semi-dried spit i spotted by my foot. Damnable. If life throws such random shit on me, i might as well gain some mirth from it.

And so i smiled. Alone, and to myself.

oh i hope sat comes soon. redang's reeaally up now guys.

No comments: