Aspirant to Higher Learning: I Lead, Care and Inspire...
..........

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Convent Syndrome

My mum decided that she is 15 instead of 50.

Instead of trying to become matronly and being mature and adopting the "i am above all that, seen all, done all", she suddenly decided that she is more of a sister to me. The kind that studies in a convent school.

Not that I've anything against anyone who is studies/studied at a convent school. But knocking on my door asking help with her (home)work, then flopping onto my bed and messaging her (best) female friend while I clear my email is indeed a lil grating (and i presume something a sec school girl would do). Tapping the taptap with her message pad while I am trying to type something or read something (like right now) is indeed getting irritating. Now when I pushed EVERYTHING (reading, gaming or what have you) that I'm doing now and turn my attention to help her, she continues to lie on my bed and tells me to wait while she messages her BFF (best friend forever), this can drive me mad!!!! Now if i've a real sister who is 15 and is doing that I would have scolded her and smacked her butt and kicked her out... now I wonder if i can do the same thing with my mum...

Damn. Indeed this is a weird family problem.

No comments: