Aspirant to Higher Learning: I Lead, Care and Inspire...
..........

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dream Works

My dream to roam the Earth has been working out real fine. So out of 7 continents (as flower corrected me, it's 7 NOT 5), i've since been to 3. Asia, Australasia (something like that) and North America. And due to mugging for Geopolitic Lit for wednesday I thus shall meditate on the idea of travel and transnationalism on the blog.

Ok so for graduation trip, disparate groups have been suggesting disparate ideas... But after watching Spanish Apartment on DVD i'm pretty much wowed by Europe.

Grad trip (cheapo kind) to Spain anyone?

I also wish to poke around UK to see the landscapes in the novels i've studied and visit the graves and homes of the authors I admire. Well, those who know me will know that i am crazy for the Lake District, Tintern Abbey and the grave of Emily Bronte... But who will ignore the high cost and go with me to view "literary" sites? Sigh. Ok the only consolation is that maybe when i go into teaching, there might be fieldtrips to UK galore.

Fai mentioned Istanbul or even Korea... Ok destinations too... Maybe Egypt.

So that's it. I'm going to save up for that big wham of a grad trip (and see with who and where i am going). As for December, it'll be Cameron, Batam, and kelong. Short, cheap, fun.

No comments: