Aspirant to Higher Learning: I Lead, Care and Inspire...
..........

Monday, February 2, 2009

Hairy's Visit to NUS

Mao came over the other day for coffee and piano playing.

And the class sorta had this "gathering" at a certain Office in NUS (cos our friend works there you see). Running the risk of physical injury posed by this black-faced OL working there, we made ourselves at home, sat around and talked at the top of our voices...and then mao and i went off together.

And i think Mao has this cool thing about saying the wrongest sounding phrases at the most mundane of places.

We passed by this FREE DIY cotton candy machine. Mao begged the guy (who told us the booth was closed) to let her make this BIG cotton candy. So on account of Mao being pretty and teh-y and all, he relented. I had to make for her somemore. Do i look like the cotton candy man? So no worries, i made quite a gaffe trying to make sure stringy sugar wisps cling on to the two straws i was swirling about in the pail. And Mao was shouting excitedly all the way.

"Faster faster FASTER!" (with regards to my swirling speed... one gotta swirl damn hard to make sure the wisps settle into a fluffy ball you see)

"Try harder! HARDER!" (my lack of enthusiasm)

the best was...

"You missed the spot! THERE THERE!!!!" (cos I missed this big piece of fluff which then clung on to the side of the machine"

Ya so after infinite combos of "faster, harder and there there you got the spot", i made my first UFO-shaped cotton candy. the guy originally said "make a big one for your girlfriend...", after all that shouting i bet he thought we were doing some form of kinky foreplay with the candy.

damn. nabei la "Girlfriend", after so many years you still say the wrong things.

PS but of cos i love your interesting phrases. especially THAT anti-G**n line back in J2.

1 comment:

D-flat Major said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I swear I didn't mean it. The cotton candy and anti-G. I wish I meant the latter though, sigh.

- mao.